What is 10 Best Inbound Marketing Strategies You Need To Start Using Today
The best inbound marketing strategies and the only purpose is to grab the attention of audiences and potential buyers to show them the way to solve their problems. Ideally, through inbound marketing, a good impression can be built.
It can be done by creating content for the blog, info-graphic, e-book, case studies, a webinar, podcast, video series, doing SEO in all.
More than 93% of the buying cycle is based on online searches. This interesting fact gives the motivation to commence driving force to the inbound marketing strategy.
As inbound marketing main purpose is to rank on every search engine to get more visibility and easy result-oriented consequences to convert them into buyers. And for that reason, we are going to show you the most popular inbound marketing strategies which can also use for your business.
What is Inbound Marketing?
Inbound marketing is a process to build your brand awareness, get more visitors, convert into profitable leads and generate revenue via making a strong connection with audiences, prospects, and customers. To pull the customer into the profitable box automatically in an organic way by using some of the methods of SEO, content marketing, social media marketing, video marketing, podcast and more.
10 Best Inbound Marketing Strategies
In online, there are plenty of Inbound marketing strategies but you can’t apply all of them all at once. You need to know those basics and use the best Inbound strategies which give more benefits, leads and conversion as well profit. So, here are the main different types of Inbound marketing methods to start with:
1. Buyer persona
Buyer persona refers to representing the target audience through a fictional character that resembles the potential customers.
Creating a buyer persona required detailed information including customer demographics, behavioural patterns, motivations and goals etc.
It helps the marketing and sales team to create content that is vital for target customers. To understand the buyer persona of target customers, three approaches can be helpful :
- Interviewing or questioning current users or customers over the phone or in person to person.
- Conducting an online survey.
- Collecting info about their average day, responsibilities, professional and personal needs, lacking, problems they face.
- Helps to get a better ROI
- Helps to get better lead
- Helps to develop and thrive content
- It’s the best way to show genuine understanding and concern for the target customers
Basic Questions to Create Buyer Persona :
- Personal info: Age, education, gender, income, children, marital status, location.
- Professional info: Job title, industry, company size, special skills, career path.
- Goals and challenges: personal and career goals, privatization of goals, challenges they face.
- Values and fears: what do they value, what are important to them, what drives their decision making process, their objectives and so on.
- Negative info: Are they the customers who are not needed, are they difficult to handle, is it too expensive to support them.
- Their position: how do they get into, how do they communicate, what social media they use, do they attend having vents or conferences, where do they spend their days, their relevant hobbies
Buyer persona clarifies the type of people who would be benefitted from the solutions offered. It is a researched-based process and it helps a business to grow.
2. Keyword Research
It’s the process of finding keywords which a business wants to rank for in search engines. It helps to understand what potential customers are searching for and what they are typing into search engines.
Keywords can be found in 4 steps:
- Analyze the keywords competitors rank for
- Keyword research tools
- Study the niche
Selecting the best keywords and using them in an appropriate manner is very important. SEO metrics and data help to narrow things down. 6 keyword metrics are:
- Search volume
- Traffic potential
- Cost per click
- Keyword difficulty
The way to group keywords to add structure to the list:
- Group by parent topic
- Group by search intent
- Group by business value
Keyword prioritization should be done in an effective manner. While doing this, we must keep in mind that we are not only looking for ‘easy to find or rank for keywords but also looking for those with the highest ROI (return on investment) keywords.
Inbound marketing inspires the right type of customers to search for the business because they are attracted to the content provided.
3. Write In Depth Content/ All in One Article
To write a short post will cover it all in a single article. Will you be happy to read this sort of article?. Maybe you will not and neither will I.
According to curata, long-form articles work better in terms of sharing, pageviews, lead generation and staying on the post for a very long time.
Imagine, you are searching sometimes on Google to know better, you get 10 pages on Google first page. One of the website pages has everything in detail that you want, now do you like to visit the other 9 pages?
NO! You wouldn’t and nobody will do that. We like to get a conclusive result within a short time and once we get all in at once then we love to stay there.
So, one of the popular inbound marketing strategies is content and content, you have to write an in-depth article so that the audience doesn’t need to see other pages.
4. Write Content with Storytelling
Write academic format of articles with full text and have some visual appearance that will not interactive with the audience. Those Content writing articles give more sales and traffic which start with a story or carry through a story in the article.
In the Book, “ Significant Objects, Joshua Gleen and Rob Walker recount an experiment in which they set out to test this hypothesis: “ Stories are such a powerful driver of emotional value that their effect on any given object’s subjective value can actually be measured objectively.”
First, they went out to thrift stores, flea markets, and yard sales and bought a bunch of “insignificant” objects for an average of $1.25 an object. Then, they hired a bunch of writers both famous and not-so-famous, to invent a story that attributed significance to each object.
Then Finally, they listed each object on eBay, using the invented stories as the object’s description, and whatever they had originally paid for the object as the auction’s starting price. By the end of the experiment, they had sold $128.74 worth of trinkets for $3,612.51. ( Taken – “Show Your Work”)
So, Words does matter in human life.
As Rachel Sussman says “ because, rarified exceptional aside, our audience is a human one, and humans want to connect.
5. Choose Where to Publish
Create valuable and interesting content for the targeted audience so that visitors stay for a long time. The question is where you publish your content: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Quora, your own website’s blog section or somewhere else.
Before publishing your content anywhere else you should post it first on your website. Because It creates authority and you aren’t depending on any other platform. If anytime those platforms blank out from the internet you will lose the whole work of content.
After publishing on your website you can choose one or two related social media sites where most of the audience stay live. According to that, you need to publish your content more interestingly and consistently.
6. Email Marketing
It is a digital marketing strategy through which businesses send emails to prospects, customers and convert them into customers and turn one time buyers into loyal customers. The benefits of email marketing are:
- People check their email inbox regularly
- It is cost effective
- Easy to design and implement
- Perfect tool for promoting blog posts
- It enables a business to customize content with targeted messages
- Email includes links which directly take the audience to its websites
- Easy to create brand awareness and also easy to track the effectiveness of the campaign
7. Social Media Marketing
To achieve marketing and branding goals, businesses promote creative content on social media networks. It helps to establish a strong social presence. It is beneficial for:
- Promoting brand identity and positive brand association
- Creating brand awareness
- Increasing traffic of websites
- Helps to engage potential customers
- Enhances SEO rankings
Social Media Marketing Strategy:
- Setting meaningful and valuable marketing goals
- Researching target audience
- Establishing the most valuable metrics
- Analyzing the competition and competitors
- Communicating goals to audience
8. Make an Execute Content Calendar
It is very important to create a schedule plainly for every stage or platform. Make no mistake, consistency is the key to success. So, for that reason, you need to have a proper plan when, where and which types of content to publish.
According to the schedule you need to publish new content on a distinct day and time so that your audience knows when new content comes out.
And if the audience is interested to read the article, and taking benefits out of it then they will come on that particular day and time when you publish new content regularly.
9. Landing pages
A landing page is a web page created for a marketing campaign. A visitor lands here after clicking on a link in an email or ads from Google, Bing, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or similar places on the web.
A landing page is designed with a focused goal known as a CTA or call to action. User expectation needs to be met with a message match.
Only one outbound link and one conversion goal should be there. Some specific campaigns are benefitted from this type of targeted landing pages such as:
- Paid search engine
- Paid social media marketing campaigns
- Retargeting campaigns
- Email marketing campaigns
10. Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
It’s one of the most effective ways to promote products and services to increase a business in a growing competitive marketplace. It’s a part of paid strategies to increase search visibility.
Brands pay for their ads to appear as search results. When a user searches for something by using a keyword, they see an ad of the brand. The brand is charged when a user clicks the ad. There are many aspects of SEM:
1. SEM platforms
It is the search engine platform where search ads are placed by the brands. The most used SEM platforms are Bing and Google.
2. Kinds of SEM keywords
The terms and phrases targeted in the search engine marketing campaigns are SEM keywords. For instance; if the ad campaign targets the keyword ‘marketing’, the ad will appear every time a user searches for this word.
- Broad match keywords: These are the target variations of any term which includes similar phrases, singular or plural forms, stemmings,misspellings, synonyms of the target term.
- Phrase match Keywords: Along with targeting the exact phrase, target any other phrase that comes after or before the exact target keyword such as: while targeting the keyword ‘food restaurant’, a campaign may also target ‘best food restaurant, find the best food restaurant, top ten best food restaurant’ etc.
- Exact match keywords: these words are closely related to the target term. Misspelling, stemming, abbreviations, recorder words, paraphrases, or related words with the same search intent of the match term.
- Negative keywords: It refers to excluding the term that a brand doesn’t want to target.
3. SEM targeting
Targeting keywords tell a search engine when to show the ads. Through targeting, additional parameters like when the ad should show or to whom it should show can be set. There are a few types of SEM targeting:
- Location targeting
- Ad schedule targeting
- Demographic targeting
- Device targeting
Based on the likeliness to make a purchase of potential audience, it is divided into three categories :
1. Top of the Funnel
Usually comes in the form of blog articles that readers find via search engines, social media or email marketing. It aims to inform the audience about their existence. Creating brand awareness is the main purpose.
2. Middle of The Funnel
It intends to lead those who already know and are aware of the product or service but aren’t ready to invest money yet. Through educational resources(ie; webinars, e-books) and such content, it goes deeper into the benefits of the service or product inform a more prominent sales pitch.
3. Bottom of The Funnel
This happens when the prospects are mostly convinced. At this stage, it’s good to engage them more by case studies, demos and free trials etc Cetera. Inbound marketing should certainly include insightful and impactful content.
Inbound marketing strategy relies heavily on some tools to attract the prospects’ attention and make them the customers. Some of the tools are:
1. Call to Action
To inspire the audience to take action or contact the provider, eye-catching text, images and some other attractive features are used.
2. Landing Pages
To persuade users to download or sign up for content offers(ie; guides, e-books).
- Website analytics capture information about visitors, track audience’s behavior and measure the performance of the contents.
- CRM or customer relationship management software helps to store and maintain interaction with prospects and customers across the sales lifecycle.
The Inbound Methodology
It helps to grow an organization by creating meaningful and long-lasting relationships with customers, consumers and audiences. It’s about encouraging them to fulfil their targets. This methodology can be applied in 3 ways:
To draw people’s attraction with eye-catching content or targeted contents which the audience will find relevant and appealing.
Presenting insights and solutions that go with their pain points and targets. Thus they will be more likely to spend money on it.
Helping customers to be satisfied with their purchase by providing help and support.
If the customers become happy and share their experience with others, it helps to attract new customers toward the organization. Thus a self-sustaining loop will be created which is a strong foundation.
We hope you have got the idea of the best Inbound marketing strategies with our 10 feasible methods. If you want to enhance your business from offline to online you should first see the inbound marketing method and its strategies. And then take the best possible solution from there.